Complex Care Support Worker
About Homecare Scotland:
At Homecare Scotland, we provide quality in-home care and support to our clients ensuring they feel both safe and comfortable in their homes. We offer bespoke packages, tailored to the needs and demands of the individual. Working in care is a journey and Homecare Scotland equips staff with training, CPD and support to nurture skills and progress careers at any stage. With a strong family ethic, we strive to make both our clients and staff feel valued.
A young man living with cerebral palsy in his fully adapted family home who needs support to promote quality of life, health and independence. His home has been adapted to facilitate his mobility, safe delivery of personal care and to allow his inclusion in all family social activities. He has a very supportive family, loves animals and has 2 dogs, enjoys music, live concerts and regular social outings. He is a sensitive young man with personal gifts and strengths, quirky with a great sense of humour and loves to laugh with his family and friends.
· Support with social activities, outings and interests
· Moving & Handling
· Support with PEG feeding
· Assistance with personal care
· Support with Physiotherapy Exercises
Essential Skills & Experience:
· Previous care experience
· Because of the nature and location of this role, applicants must live within the area and have a full UK driver’s license with access to their own transport
· Have a team player attitude while showing empathy and understanding in demanding situations
· A great sense of fun and humour, we value developing warm positive relationships with everyone we support
· Adaptive communication and ability to understand alternative methods of communication
Shift Pattern is 0900-2100 and 2100-0900. Full time or part time, contracted days. Hourly rate £12.50 during the weekdays and £14.00 during the weekends
At Homecare we provide on-site training for the skills you’ll need to look after our client, and take care of your SVQ, SSSC, and PVG requirements to give you the confidence you need to provide the best care possible.
If you would like to apply, please click the apply button below and one of our recruiters will be in touch with you to discuss the next steps. Thank you.